Monday 31 July 2017

Awesome, creative. amazing



Afternoon Peeps, just popping in with a few more Chocolate Baroque shares made with the stamps Lesley showcased on Hochanda recently. These should have popped up yesterday to tie in with my post over at the DT blog here, it's no excuse I know but I'm not firing on all cylinders as you will know from my post Saturday.

If I had to choose a favourite from the lovely Seasonal Ladies I think it would be Autumn Medley  featured on the card above, mainly because I just love working with Autumnal colours. My starting point was to stamp the image with Versamark and emboss with detail copper before colouring in with Distress Inks. Using a mask and texture paste I added some branches across the top and when dry replaced the mask and rubbed over some Distress Inks and glue here and there and some Gilding Flakes although that doesn't really show up in my photo I'm afraid. Finally I stamped three words from the Amazing Mackintosh Words stamp set, cut them out and added to the finished piece.


Here I stamped the image from Mackintosh Beauty stamp set three times and coloured in with Distress Ink, matted and layered with coordinating card and stamped a sentiment from Mackintosh Sentiments set.


The background of my next card is Distress Inks with a spritz of mica spray which helps the colours blend into each other. The lovely Spring Awakening image is stamped with Versafine black and heat embossed with detail clear and pencils used to colour the flowers in her hair. Using the new masks which compliment the Seasonal Ladies I inked some leaves, the sun and word.    


My final share used an image from Mackintosh Beauty, stamped with Versafine black and heat embossed with detail clear onto a piece of card created with the shaving foam technique.........I tend to have a session with different colours so I have a stock of them ready to stamp onto. I coloured the image with pencils, matted her into the base card, tied some ribbon and stamped and cut out a rose from the same set to place in the centre.

As always my thanks for you visit today.

24 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

Brenda these are beautiful cards

gr karin

cuilliesocks said...

Such stunning cards Brenda, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful cards, B! I especially like the dimension in the hair of your maidens with flowers and leaves - the colors were placed primarily to showcase Nature at her finest! Wonderful creations! hugs, de

Stamps and Paper said...

Amazing cards Brenda all very different but equally stunning

Anne

Joan said...

Beautiful cards Brenda

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

An amazing collection of cards Brenda, especially the mackintosh cards.

Sue xx

Fikreta said...

those are amazing!

Leanne Harris said...

Lovely makes here Brenda, I love the shaving foam technique on the last one and particularly like the lovely warm Autumnal colours of the first one. Hoping you are doing ok Brenda, thinking of you often, you take care, xxxxx

Kathleen said...

Four fabulous creations, I agree with your favourite. Some gorgeous backgrounds which you do so very well.

Kath x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

More gorgeous makes

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful cards Brenda!! I love the shaving foam background. Hope you are feeling better.

Robin said...

What beautifully, feminine cards! I love all these ladies! My fave is Autumn too...I love the weather and all the gorgeous colors the leaves turn. My prayers are with you. Hugs, Robin

Valerija said...

I do love your cards, your colouring is always amazing.
Hugs, Valerija xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful cards Brenda - I particularly like your Autumn lady and the final shaving foam card.
Blessings
Maxine

Gerrina said...

They look great! I do think the autumn and winter ones are the best for the colours I love and the McIntosch ones are just my favorite stanps from CB...the background on your last card is stunning and beautiful with here! Hope you slowly get better! Hugs, Gerrina

KandA said...

All four are wonderful creations Brenda. Super colours on all of them and lovely stamps. Take care and I hope you feel better soon xx

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous cards and stamps-the first one is beautiful in Autumn colours but looks just as good as Spring-fabulous shaving foam background too
Carol x

Pat said...

All gorgeous cards Brenda with beautiful images, my favourite is the second with the Mackintosh roses and hearts - stunning.

Pat xx

Sarah said...

Stunning cards Brenda. The rich autumnal shades of the first card makes her my favourite, and it looks so dimensional too xx

Craftyfield said...

What a beautiful series of cards! And different styles too... xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I have seen your new creations on CB DT blog and I really loved them! As always your colouring and designs are just wonderful and so inspiring!! Great works Brenda!!!
Hope you are feeling better, now...!
Bigs hugs!

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous makes Brenda and some stunning stamps there too. x Susan x

Greta said...

So artistic--all beautiful!

Tracy Welham said...

All beautiful Brenda, I love the colour tones you worked with. Creative Blessings, Tracy x